The National Corvette Museum would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank the many men and women who have served, and are serving our country.
November is "Military Appreciation Month" at the National Corvette Museum and all military personnel, firemen, police officers and their immediate families will receive "Free Admission" during the entire month of November. All branches including active, retired and reserve members will be honored with free admission when presenting a military or service ID or copy of their DD-214.
"We are truly a blessed nation and our military provide the safety we have to enjoy our American privileges," states NCM Executive Director, Wendell Strode. "Corvette is an American icon and we invite these special individuals and their family members to experience a tour of the Museum dedicated to America’s favorite sports car."
In addition to free admission, this year will be even more special as the Museum has added some displays and activities to enhance the experience.
3rd Annual Vets ‘n Vettes Event – November 4-6, 2010
Regular Registration $10
While many of the participants will have a Corvette, owning one is certainly not a requirement to participate! The event features road tours, a poker run, warrior session BBQ luncheon, military history team trivia, participation in the Bowling Green, Kentucky Veteran’s Day Parade, presentation of colors by WKU's ROTC, seminars and a banquet.
Special Displays and Activities
- Military vehicle displays provided by the Kentucky National Guard Nov. 4-6: himar, resupply vehicle,and rigid wall shelter. Representatives from the Kentucky National Guard will be on-site to tell visitors about the vehicles, answer questions and even let visitors sit in them They will also perform himar demonstrations at 10am, 11am, 1pm, and 2pm.
- Memorial circle on the Museum's front lawn. Purchase a flag for $1 to place in memory or in honor of someone. The names of those who the flags represent continuously scroll on the lobby television monitor.
- Aviation Heritage Park, a local group who acquire and restore military aircraft for display at Basil Griffin Park in Bowling Green, has display cases of memorabilia on Corvette Boulevard.
- Flag raising ceremonies available by reservation. Guests can reserve a day to bring a loved one’s American Flag and the Museum and National Guard will perform a ceremony, raising and flying their flag at the Corvette Museum. Reserve your spot by calling Pam at 270-467-8800 or email email@example.com.
- Holiday greeting cards are available for people to write messages for the troops. The cards will be sent overseas in late November. In addition, for only $5 you can purchase a family admission pass to the Museum to send to the troops overseas so that they can visit with their family upon their return.
THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO TO PROTECT OUR FREEDOM!
Open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT, the Museum is located at Exit 28 on I-65 in Bowling Green, KY. For more information on the Museum visit us at:
http://www.corvettemuseum.org/ or call 800-538-3883.